Pavlova is easy and elegant--and all without gluten!
- Whip until foaming: 3 egg whites at room temperature plus 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar.
- Whip in 3/4 cup sugar by the tablespoon until stiff peaks form.
- Drop dollops of meringue on parchment-covered baking sheet, making a nest 9" in diameter.
- Bake in preheated 275-degree oven for 1 hour.
- Leave meringue shell in closed oven for an additional 30 minutes. Handle with care.
Fill the inside of the nest with flavored whipped cream, Cool Whip, or even ice cream (for non-celiacs). Layer with whatever fresh fruit is on sale.