- Our Dollar General always has cheap videos. Still, the cashier and I were shocked to see Martha's Baking Favorites and Martha's Favorite Family Dinners on DVD for $3 there. Amazon sells these for $12.
- Marie is offering bottles of Watkins Double-Strength Vanilla for $13, including shipping. Wouldn't that be nice with a Martha's Baking Favorites DVD?
- My husband wanted me to order a new magazine for my birthday. Together we clicked through the magazine subscriptions available on Ebay. How about 3 years of Hallmark magazine for only $1.99 with FREE shipping? Amy also alerted us to a freebie deal for the same magazine, but for a limited time. (My warning: there are many GRAPHIC magazine covers in this category, even if you look strictly at the women's magazines.)
- Do you ever stop in museum gift shops? I needed postcards from the Belle Meade Plantation. The beautiful gifts they offer are surprisingly affordable. These Williamsburg oven mitts cost $6/pair. (I bought the last three sets for Christmas gifts.)
- Right now Big Lots has loads of Yogi organic teas. This gorgeous box of St. Dalfour Organic even includes a free blue and white sugar spoon ($1.50). Continuing the pretty packaging theme, I overpaid for these beautiful bars of dark chocolate studded with pecans and cranberries ($1.50). Make it teatime by adding a box of Anna's Thins for only $1 more. These scalloped Swedish cookies come in ginger, almond, and coffee flavors. The backseat of my car can attest to their deliciousness.
Saturday, March 31, 2007
Shopping Bag: Cheap Mother's Day gifts
I've been putting together welcome baskets for a few VIPs. Out and about, I found a few inexpensive gifts which would be perfect for Mother's Day!