Did that mean we should keep them? No.
Here are a few questions I ask myself as I whittle down the toys:
- Have I gotten my money's worth in play out of this item? If so, feel free to give it away once it has lost its novelty. If not, give it away immediately. It was a bad buy.
- Can this toy be enjoyed by different age children at the same time? If so, consider keeping.
- Is this toy only fun if you have the entire, coordinating set? Bye-bye, Rescue Heroes.
- Is one part of the toy smaller or more useful? Keep the Hot Wheels cars, ditch the tracks.
- Does this toy fit on a shelf or in a bin?
What are your criteria for toy paring?
Updated: to add my personal rules for buying toys after the Chinese lead expose.