The Sale Shopper's meals:
- Day 1, Chicken and dumplings, okra, creole spinach = $3.20
- Day 2, Cabbage rolls, asparagus, strawberries = $4.55
- Day 3, Blackened chicken, cole slaw, cauliflower = $2.35
- Day 4, Hamburg steak, asparagus soup, berries = $2.65
- Day 5, Spinach cheese pie, tomato soup = $3.65
Grand total: $16.40
The Aldi Queen's meals:
- Day 1, Broccoli chicken lo mein = $4.27
- Day 2, Parmesan drumsticks and microwave taters = $3.14
- Day 3, Caesar chicken pasta salad = $3.54
- Day 4, French toast = $1.59
- Day 5, Mini meatloaves with broccoli and potatoes = 2.84
Grand total: $15.38A round of applause for Amy! The Aldi Queen takes the prize!
Thanks for sharing your menu-planning expertise with us, Amy. I loved going head-to-head with one of my favorite frugal friends.
I have a few conclusions I'd like to share, but they'll have to wait until I clean up the kitchen.