Another handful leave, wondering how a generous 3 pairs could be considered frugal at all.
What works for me may not work for you. A $60 grocery budget can be filled with double-coupon cereal or bulked with organic oats.
Which is more important--what actually fills our shopping carts, or our common commitment to live within budget and belief?
When you rub a leaf with crayon, details fall away. Here are the highlights of our consumer strategy:
- Prayerfully consider if something is a want or a need.
- Walk each other through a cost-benefit analysis.
- Brainstorm creative solutions before spending.
- Buy food based on sales and seasons, not solely by menu or whim.
- Delay household purchases unless they are on sale or secondhand.
- Plan ahead so that the above is possible.
Shoes or spices, this is our method of frugal shopping. Tell me what works for you.