Of course you don't have a problem that requires the use of Tucks brand hemorrhoidal pads.
But let's just say that your sister's best friend might.
In fact, it burns her up to use her beauty budget for something so...indiscreet. She would much rather spend $7 on lipstick!
Here's what your sister's friend should do:
- Buy a bottle of generic witch hazel (both Dollar General and Dollar Tree carry it.)
- Sniff the contents. Hmmm, doesn't this smell just like Tucks to you?
- Fold a piece of tissue, paper towel, or soft cotton into the right size square.
- Saturate the piece with witch hazel.
- Use as you would a Tucks brand pad.
A $1 bottle of witch hazel will give you hundreds of uses with your choice of "pad." You can store precut, presoaked pads in a plastic container. Or do as I do, and wet them as needed.
Since even Equate brand pads aren't cheap, this homemade version can save your budget--and your sanity.
(Anonymous, you can thank me later. In the meantime, head to Frugal Friday for more timely tips.)