Okay, honey, just as soon as I wash the million dishes I used yesterday!
With only $6 more at the grocery store, I had enough to bring a summery lunch for the 8 secretaries today:
- leftover chicken breasts diced into a garlic herb chicken salad
- leftover tomato slices chopped for Greek orzo salad
- a huge bowl of unused potato salad
- half a chocolate pound cake sliced for the dessert tray
- a pan of Miss Daisy's lemon chess squares
- roasted red pepper hummus on sale at the grocery
- two multi-grain baguettes reduced to fifty cents apiece
I had a lot of fun surprising the administrative staff with a batik tablecloth printed with water lilies and the "salad bar" banked in ice and kale. As usual, I forgot photos. You can see the bread basket and dessert basket above. I loaded those in my car 30 minutes before leaving the house, so they arrived toasty warm, courtesy of the sun.
Thus ends my career as a low-budget caterer.