- Gather wildflowers at 5 am. (If you're up with the baby anyway...)
- Choose flowers with sturdy stems.
- Put a teaspoon of sugar in each bucket of tepid water.
- Use Queen Anne's Lace and Vetch as delicate fillers around "real" wholesale blooms.
- Conceal tin cans or cardboard cones with lichen or sheet moss.
- Add bare branches for height and proportion.
- Find a light industrial area, railroad, or utility line easement for easy pickin'.
I was so inspired to create a wild arrangement for Elise's birthday next week!