Hey, how is the bathroom? No pink tile I hope!
Two, count 'em, two full baths--both newly tiled with attractive faucets and even robe hooks.
The biggest...how did you arrange your finances/credit report in such a way that you were able to snap this one up? We haven't bought it yet--only have it under contract. If you are a current homeowner, it's very easy to get prequalified to buy your next home. We only had to call our mortage broker, and since we have so much equity coming from the sale of our current home, he didn't even need much paperwork. We could close on the new house in two weeks, but the buyer for this house needs four, so we'll wait until the end of September.
1a) People who don't have a Realtor Aunt...any hope of finding special deals like this?Actually, I have found all four of our house projects completely on my own! This one was a For Sale By Owner ad in the Open House section of the Sunday paper. My aunt, of course, did all the contractual stuff for the last house and for the new one. We might have gotten into a bidding war if she hadn't helped us quickly write an attractive offer to the sellers, though.
2) Compare and contrast what you've learned about granite tops...I've never been lucky enough to have a granite slab top, so I'm thrilled! Our current kitchen has granite tiles which we installed ourselves.
3) you're definitely going to need some counter space to the right of that stove..Yes, it's a bit tight, but there's a big island and a large counter with sink on the other side of the kitchen. The refrigerator will go into the empty space to the right.
4) Is that wood flooring in the kitchen?! Yes!!! The house did not have original hardwoods, so the owners installed Russian Beech flooring and finished it on site (not prefinished or Pergo). They said, "Maybe we overimproved it a little."
5) Definitely, furniture on the cheap. Nashville must have some great furniture finds. I'm going to wait until we get into the house before I let myself buy anything. I plan to watch Craig's List like a hawk. I've seen some great deals there. I'll have to take a photo of my mom's storage shed, too. I'll finally get to use my great-grandpa's dining table and sideboard--I've never had a dining room before! It needs repainting.
6) And, I hate to say this because it's shooting myself in the foot, but I bet there are people who would PAY to subscribe to insider info on your blog.) You know me, I'm all about free. I try to share what I know, in hopes that others do the same with me!
Thanks to Debbie for the conversation starters!