We have a contract for the sale of our house!
As many of you know, we've been planning to put the house on the market since the spring, but delayed until we had the baby and completed my husband's dissertation research. We've gone all summer without really thinking about it.
Saturday, we decided it was now or never. Can't have life get too comfortable, right?
Sunday, I called the realtor to schedule an appointment.
Monday, I cleaned all day long and into the night.
3:00 am--Baby wakes and refuses to go back to sleep. I spot clean carpet wearing sling.
7:00 am--Baby finally sleeps, just as Andrew wants workbook time. I dress up the patio for photos and blow off the driveway.
11:00 am--Realtor comes to sign listing agreement. We decide to begin showings at a kickoff Open House on Sunday. We write the brochure text and take photos.
1:00 pm--Cave in and buy lunch to go at Captain D's. I'm too tired to drive farther down the street. Bad, bad dieter.
2:00 pm--Lulled by fatty food, I decide to take the afternoon off. I have a few more days left to clean the burner pans and scrub the bathroom grout, anyway.
5:00 pm--Agent calls. Prospective buyer saw internet photos and is desperate to come before the open house. Can they see it in an hour?
5:15 pm--Greet husband at the door with a baby attached to one breast and a bottle of Windex in my hand. Help! Load the bouncy seat in the trunk of the car while I pick up the mess from an afternoon of unsupervised four-year-old mischief.
6:00 pm--Move the cars to Burger King and have another unhealthy dinner. Who can eat with this stress, anyway?
7:00 pm--Agent calls. Praise God! We have a full price offer! Return home to initial changes to the contract and make copies.
8:00 pm--Go to my agent's house to babysit for an hour while she makes up a dinner meeting she missed during all the commotion. Did I mention my aunt is the best agent ever?
10:00 pm--Home again. But not for long!
The house still has to pass an inspection and the lending, finalized. We should know in two weeks whether this deal will work out. Our biggest worry is that the aggressive price might exceed the bank's appraisal. But I'm still humbled and heartened by the quick response! Hopefully finding another buyer, if necessary, will be similarly easy.